Francine Caitlyn Chye
a.k.a. Hurricaine Fran
a.k.a. Fran the PCD
a.k.a. the happy bunny :D
<3
040889 (August baby!)
Crescent, ACJC, hocker
xoxo
If it's meant to be, it'll be(:
"And sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together"
don't think, just run
Monday, January 14, 2008
Be Strong, Little Marshmellow...
Cos it's time to grow up.
:(
I suppose I've known this day would come eventually, yet upon it's actual arrival, making a decision about my future (at least for the next 4 years) has proven to be the hardest thing I've had to do in a while. Maybe it's because it's a matter of time and distance, literally, choosing between NZ and Singapore. Or maybe, just maybe, it signifies the notion that we are finally growing up and everything as we've known it for the last (6+4+2) years of our lives may be immediately changing - with the boys slowly getting sucked into the army and friends (and possibly myself included) moving on to life overseas. I just realised that the image of the boys getting SUCKED into the army is quite an apt one, haha. It's like the army is the Big Black Hole in the middle of the Universe and the boys have no choice but to allow the Big Black Hole to encompass their lives and totally, completely surround them and all they think and do. Mengs and I wonder if some of them cry at night... But I guess we'll never know ;)
SO, back to the original topic at hand, i'm absolutely terrified at the idea of leaving my present life, even if it is just for 10 weeks at a time. My life revolves around my family and friends (Nick fitting nicely into both categories HAHA) and the idea of being separated by miles for (7x10) days at a time makes my heart ache. Yet at the same time, i'm oddly excited at the prospect of starting afresh, of discovering a place people expect that I know already, but in all honesty, I don't know well enough.
This growing up stuff is really hard :(
But I guess, as Meng heard me say at 1am this morning, if she can do it, SO CAN I :D But we'll see(:
ex-oh, ex-oh
3:31 PM